Nestled in the clearing of a forest, there is a village that overlooks the northern sea. With idyllic homes and fertile soil, farmers wander here to escape the world and focus on the quaint joys of life. Now with thousands of farmers harvesting their crops, catching fresh fish, and remaining vigilant against the predators looking to invade, DeFi Land is growing into a robust and sustainable ecosystem. Though there are many here who are content to dwell in this paradise, some keep their eyes fixed on the horizon in search of the next adventure. For so long, they made ends meet with their simple tools like the wooden fishing rod and the 4-ammo revolver. But those farmers who wished to advance their technology took a chance on magic seeds. At first, they were tiny sprouts but soon these magic seeds blossomed into beautiful flowers of all colors from yellow to red to purple and blue. Now, the harvest is only days away, and those who nurtured their seeds will be rewarded with new adventures. The time has finally come to turn the page and begin a new chapter of DeFi Land.
- The watering event ends on March 18, 2022 at 6:30 PM UTC
- NFTs can be claimed March 21, 2022 at 6:00 PM UTC, once the candy machine distribution has been fully tested and implemented
- Play and Earn will be released as the next major update in late March/The first week of April
- Gen-0 NFTs have special long-term value for DeFi Landers
- Both the individual attributes and entire NFTs will be tradeable, and we are developing our own in-game exchange
- $Gold will be our main in-game currency, which will be 100% community driven and generated only through Play and Earn rewards
Dear DeFi Landers,
Can you believe we are already nearing the end of our watering event? On February 15th we minted 7500 NFT seeds that could be planted in DeFi Land and watered for 30 days. While many DeFi Landers were surprised by the difficulty of daily watering, we were constantly impressed by their dedication to this one-of-a-kind NFT drop. In fact, we are on track to have over 3500 DeFi Landers achieve Tier 1 and a guaranteed 4 Gen-0 NFTs. These Gen-0 NFTs have direct utility by unlocking Play and Earn in our next major update. With our very first NFT Harvesting Day coming up soon, we would like to discuss the details of our first Harvest Day, the exclusive value of Gen-0 NFTs, and new details about our Play and Earn update. Let’s start by recapping your incredible accomplishments from the watering event:
- 6341 (about 85%) of Seed NFTs were planted. We are so proud of this enormous commitment to our gamified NFT drop.
- DeFi Landers have burned nearly 20 million $DFL tokens through the watering event.
- Approximately 3500 DeFi Landers are on track for Tier 1, and 95% of our seeds planted are at least on track to reach Tier 4.
Preparing for Harvest Day
The watering event officially ends on March 18, 2022 at 6:30 PM UTC. At this time, watering will stop and a snapshot will be taken to calculate the optimal distribution of rarities among our farmers. We will be using a unique Metaplex Candy Machine for each type of NFT and each Tier. This means we need to set up the code for 12 different Candy Machines to ensure a fair distribution. This process will end in 3 days and NFT claiming will be available starting from March 21, 2022, 6:30 PM UTC. We believe this extra effort will reward you with the smoothest drop possible. When you harvest your plant, all you will need is a small amount of $SOL to handle the transactions and the NFTs will appear in your DeFi Land inventory and public wallet. Because this is a smart contract transaction, you must harvest your plant to receive Gen-0 NFTs. They will not appear automatically in your wallet. If you have a not-planted seed after March 18, you will have 2 months to plant it and harvest a single Gen-0 NFT.
Do you remember how each NFT comes with a specific set of attributes? This is actually very important to how we will ensure a fair distribution of NFT rarities. Let’s take the fishing rod, for example. The fishing rod has a body, float, hook, and reel. When you claim your NFT, you might have unique rarities for each attribute. That means you might get a legendary body, a rare float, an ordinary hook, and a common reel. This will give a diverse range of rarities across different NFTs. You will want to consider the advantages of each attribute based on their utility and your ambitions in the game. We are even creating an in-game marketplace for you to filter different rarities based on your desired attributes to help you find the perfect NFT for your playing style!
Worth More Than a Quick Flip
As the clock ticks down to the harvest, we will be releasing more sneak peaks for the NFTs, including their design, attributes, utility, and more. During this time, you might be wondering: what should I do with my Gen-0 NFT once it’s in my wallet? At that point, it will be yours and you can do whatever you want with it. Just like the seeds, it will be tradeable and transferrable. However, we encourage DeFi Landers to consider the exclusive benefits of Gen-0 NFTs that provide long-term in-game value, such as:
- Gen-0 NFTs offer DeFi Landers the ability to earn immediately after Play and Earn is released. Since new resources, like $Gold, will be earned exclusively through game rewards, NFT holders will have a leg up on the competition.
- Exclusive access to building new NFTs (in a gamified way, of course!). Here’s a cool example of how this will work: soon we will have a woodcutting minigame that will require an axe. Part of the axe will be sold in a public mint, but the other part will be obtained in a quest available only to Gen-0 NFT holders.
- Gen-0 NFTs will generate income in various ways in addition to Play and Earn. We’ve discussed NFT renting, but we also have plans to distribute income generated from the protocol to our OG Gen-0 NFT holders in the future.
- Crafting Advantage! We will release several generations of NFTs. Gen-0 NFTs can be crafted into Gen-1 NFTs, Gen-1 NFTs can be crafted into Gen-2 NFTs, and so on. While future generations will be strictly limited in the number of times they can be used to create a new NFT, you can use your Gen-0 NFT to craft as many Gen-1 NFTs as you want. However, crafting a new NFT will require additional costs, such as $DFL and $Gold paid in the crafting building, a limited “blueprint NFT,” and some XP. The costs will become more expensive each time you craft. This provides an advantage to the Gen-0 NFT holders, but it is important to clarify that this does not mean you have an “infinite” supply of future NFTs. Crafting gets more and more expensive over time and it won’t be profitable at some point to craft endlessly. More details on crafting to come soon!
Did you miss your chance to earn a Gen-0 NFT? No problem! You can purchase one on a secondary marketplace and remember, DeFi Land is free-to-play even if you don’t own an NFT. You can still enjoy our minigames, edit your village, visit your friends’ land, use our in-game aggregator to perform token swaps, and yield farm dozens of token pairs.
Diverse Utility and Income Generation
Our current projections put us on track for about 18000 Gen-0 NFTs. At first, this might strike you as a large number but the variety of NFTs gives us an advantage. Unlike having an expensive character NFT that is required to access the game, each Gen-0 NFT has utility in a specific minigame or activity in DeFi Land. The Gen-0 NFTs consist of the fishing rod, the hunting gun, the harvester, and the pets. This gives our users a variety of opportunities for earning income by owning just one Gen-0 NFT. If you love to fish and you want to start earning, you only need the Gen-0 Fishing Rod. If passive income is more your style, send your adorable Gen-0 pet out for an adventure to do the work for you. Here’s a detailed look at what to expect from each Play and Earn activity in DeFi Land using your Gen-0 NFT:
- The remastered fishing game. The fishing game has been a DeFi Land favorite, but it’s time for a fresh set of mechanics and rewards. A “hold” mechanic will add a realistic challenge to the game. Your Gen-0 fishing rod will reward you with more fish that transfer immediately into $Gold, $DFL, and possibly even special NFTs.
- A new predator is on the prowl in the shooting gallery. You will now be able to protect your cows from vicious wolves, and you better believe these are worthy adversaries. The wolves are more aggressive than those pesky crows so you will need to be quick, but make sure you aim carefully to avoid hitting your precious cows!
- The brand-new harvesting game is sure to be a hit. Our team loves the harvesting game and we know you will, too. Your task will be to gather as many crops as possible for ordered recipes in a limited time frame using your slick NFT harvester.
- All your pets need is love. The Gen-0 NFT pets include cows, ducks, chickens, cats, and dogs. The cows, chickens, and ducks have a love meter that is maintained by frequently petting your animals and feeding them. Happy pets provide happy rewards. Your cats and dogs will have a unique adventure mechanic. You can send them on adventures at the cost of energy. A longer adventure costs more energy, but they will have a higher chance of bringing home a valuable reward.
It will be essential to take good care of your items and animals. Our NFTs rely on an energy system, meaning they have a limited number of uses before they need to be repaired. We will give exact numbers and formulas for how the energy system works very soon. We believe you will find these mechanics very interesting and engaging.
Play and Earn will be our next major update after the NFT distribution. We plan to release Play and Earn in late March/early April, once we have fully tested the new minigames and reward mechanics. Our new $Gold token will be the main prize and currency for the DeFi Land game. This is important because the $Gold token and our NFT ecosystem will be 100% community driven, scarce, and tradeable. Our $DFL token remains a top priority as a staking and governance token with in-game utility and burning mechanisms. We are constantly working to ensure that we can create a sustainable economy that rewards our players and investors.
Always Looking Onward
Play and Earn expands the limitless frontier of our future. It is time we immerse ourselves in the next chapter, where new minigames and new adventures begin to unravel the soul and story of DeFi Land. On-going challenges will be finishing soon, so hurry up to help your team secure a winning spot. On the other hand, as promised and expected, PvP will be one of the top priorities going into the summer. Competing with fellow farmers for the prizes while having fun and earning rewards will be amazing! We are proud to bring you Play and Earn, and we can’t wait for you to dive into all our new features. Let’s write the story of DeFi Land together. We’ll see you on NFT Harvesting Day!